Every dollar raised is a blow to the pandemic. — Stephen Lewis
The Stephen Lewis Foundation provides assistance to those most in need as a result of HIV/AIDS by putting resources directly into the hands of community and front-line organizations.
- The Stephen Lewis Foundation works hard to ensure that 90% of all contributions to Grandmothers to Grandmothers Campaigns go directly to its project work in Africa.
- Stephen Lewis Foundation is funding more than 1100 initiatives in 330+ community based projects in the 15 countries shown below
- $80+ M dispersed and committed to programme spending since 2003
- $21 M raised by Grandmothers to Grandmothers Campaigns since 2006
About the Stephen Lewis Foundation
The Stephen Lewis Foundation works with community-level organizations in Africa. These organizations are turning the tide of HIV/AIDS in Africa by providing care and support to
- orphaned children
- people living with HIV and AIDS.
These grassroots groups are the lifeline for their communities. They provide
- education about HIV prevention
- care and treatment
- medication and other necessities
They reach sick and vulnerable orphans and other AIDS affected children through home-based health care and they help orphans and vulnerable children access education and work through their grief. Of course they support grandmothers caring for their orphaned grandchildren.
To learn much more, visit the Stephen Lewis Foundation website.